In order to make the most from your treatment we recommend:
- Rest for 10 minutes after each treatment. A short stroll can help, especially before driving any distance.
- Take it easy for 24 to 48 hours especially if you have had had physical adjustments. Avoid doing anything strenuous such as housework or lifting; and don’t engage in sporting activities such as golf, racquet / contact sports or exercise classes until we advise you otherwise. Also avoid carrying heavy bags on one shoulder or arm, or other such unbalanced strains.
- Be aware and maintain a good posture when sitting, standing or driving.
- Drink plenty of water as this will help to clear toxins from your system.
- Avoid hot baths for 24 hours, although a quick warm bath or a shower are fine.
- Vary your activities, don’t sit or stand for long periods. Short walks are often helpful, also gentle swimming or exercise in water.
How you might feel after your treatment?
This varies considerably between people. Remember that any change is a sign that your body is beginning to integrate the treatment.
Emotional changes: these are quite normal, and often reflect the release of tension in the muscles. Just realise it is your body’s healing response.
Feeling better: relief from pain as your body has become better aligned, which can make you feel straighter, taller and altogether more balanced.
Feeling worse before feeling better: while your body is adjusting to its new alignment, the pain may move about from one side to the other, or you may experience stiffness and soreness as muscle tensions change. These effects usually disappear over a day or two.
Relaxation: you may feel “floppy”after treatment, and may sleep deeply following the relaxation of deep tensions in your body. Have an early night!
Headaches: the release of natural toxins as your body heals can cause headaches. Drinking plenty of water will help to flush them out.